A limited number of travel grants covering the full registration for the IDRC (June 28-30, 2018) are available for young scientists that have submitted an abstract to the IDRC 2018.
Travel grants will be given to young researchers (max. 40 yrs of age) who will be selected by the scientific committee. If you would like to apply for such support please indicate your application during the abstract submission.
Abstracts can only be submitted electronically through the WMDA IDRC 2018’s website.
All abstracts must be received by Wednesday, 28 February 2018. Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
The Organizing Committee invites participants to submit abstracts of original, unpublished works for oral and/or poster presentations.
A. General Rules
1. Types of Presentation
Presentations will be either oral or as posters depending on the decision of the scientific committee. If you would like to be excluded from oral presentations, please check the appropriate box in the Abstract Form.
The Scientific Committee of the WMDA IDRC 2018 will select a limited number of abstracts for oral presentation based on how they integrate with the program as a whole.
Abstract Receipt Confirmation
- Upon successful submission, authors will receive an automated acknowledgement via email.
- Lack of acknowledgement will indicate that the abstract was not received. Please contact us ASAP if the abstract you submitted is not followed by an acknowledgement.
- Abstracts must be received by Thursday, 15 February 2018
- Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted
2. Notification of Acceptance
The Presenting Author of each abstract accepted will be notified by email by Friday, 23 March 2018
3. Originality of Abstracts
Submitted abstracts must be original work but can include work presented elsewhere.
B. How To Send Abstracts
1. General Submission Policies
- Abstracts can only be submitted via the website.
- Authors can submit their abstracts online
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts submitted by each member or attendee.
- Submitted abstracts must be original work but can include work presented elsewhere.
- The submitting author verifies upon submission that all authors have agreed to the submission of the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English. Authors are responsible for the literary standard of submitted abstracts.
2. General Submission Guidelines
- The Scientific Committee of WMDA IDRC 2018 will evaluate the quality, originality, and completeness of the abstract. Abstracts will be judged solely on the basis of data submitted in the abstract.
- When submitting the abstract you will be asked to choose the scientific category, which is most suitable for the subject of your abstract.
- Abstracts should preferably be structured into Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Total word count of not more than 2.500 characters with spaces; Abstract is to be submitted online
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact can be revised at any time before the deadline.
- Should you experience any unforeseen problems with the electronic submission, please contact the conference office.
3. Abstract Submission Topics
- Donor Recruitment and Retention
- Selection of Donor and Stem Cell Source
- Donors and Patients: Safety and Ethical Challenges
- Registries: Management and Innovative (IT) Solutions
- Cord Blood: Banking and Application
- Laboratory: HLA and non-HLA markers, Technology
- Shipment: Organization and Equipment
- Regulatory Issues: Licensing, Import, Export, Labelling
- Health Care Economics
- Emerging Registries
4. Scientific Communication
- Online submission of abstracts: Available from Monday, 4 December 2017
- Abstracts Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 28 February 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: Friday, 23 March 2018